How and why I do it?

One of the few who do read my blogs asked the other day how I do this? Hmmm… Well,if you haven’t noticed yet, all that I do is write about little things that happen to each of us, everyday. Really, there is no rocket science involved in anything that I write. But I do admit, I no longer believe in penning my take on anything serious like realpolitik either. Maybe, Zen got me to shed all that crap that I once thought was important. Maybe it also got me write about things that really matter to me.

But don't you also get it? It is precisely the triviality that attracts you and me. If I was to write on Kashmir or Babri Masjid, you would have had second thoughtsby now on wasting your time elsewhere. For the simple reason that, we are all opinionated about such 'hot' things. Otherwise, you appear dumb. Besides, you would wanna know whether this poor writer (that's me) holds a decent degree (nothing less than a LSE or atleast a JNU) to make it worthwhile.

So, to write on simple things, you only need to be a sensitive ass. That's me. Now, there are two things that makes me pick my topics.

One, the heightened sensitivity that I have consciously begun to cultivate. It makes you catch things that, you otherwise miss because you are mostly being ‘busy’.
Two, as I have already blogged the willingness to share it. Other than that, I am no Forrest Gump. I have not had an unusually eventful past or anything. All I do is narrate things that have occurred to me at one point or another, things, that have had an impact on me. Actually everything has an impact on you if you are willing to be fully receptive.

How do I do this? By choosing to live in the present. You see, every moment of our life is so alive and so full of magic. Every moment is also inevitable. To be fully aware of it and to appreciate it as ‘it is’ is what I am trying to do. Like someone put it “Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.”. When you do, everything is perfect. Every moment is inevitable but perfect as it is. And believe me, you will have tons to write on it.

George Sheehan once wrote “The best way to think is to write”. True. It clarifies and liberates you. Or sometimes it settles you down. Like, you have made peace with the topic or something.

Well , I would implore each of you to do it as well. It will give you a certain sense of righteousness too. Above all, a purpose.

Comments